Tuesday, March 11, 2014

SXSW won't have downloads?

Looks like SXSW may not have downloadable sample tracks anymore.  This is sad news to me.  The reason?  They have switched to the SoundCloud service for apparently all audio content.  There are ways to download from SoundCloud but none of them are legal to my knowledge.  So if you don't like this new way of doing business you might want to find a way to contact SXSW and tell them we want some downloadable sample tracks again.  Earlier in the year you could download sample tracks hence my previous post about the archived torrent.  On the bright side SXSWfm is pretty sweet you can get an app for it on Android and archives of the broad cast are on SoundCloud.  In a later post I will tell you how to record any radio station on Windows and with a project I have worked on for Linux. 

No comments:

Post a Comment